Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Email Entries for Craft a Scene Garden Challenge

I've got a couple more email entries to share with you all today.

BarbG has posted with us in the past and she does amazing layered work.


DawnR posts regularly on our challenge and she wrote:

I've enjoyed mixing a selection of stamps to make my garden scene for this month's Craft A Scene challenge - I've called this entry "Over the Garden Fence".  I'd made the front of the card some time ago, using an Art
Impressions Front'n'Back stamp, together with their fence and cobbles*, but I wasn't sure what to put inside the card.  It needed to be something that could be seen over the fence, whilst also perhaps having something hidden to be revealed when the card was opened.  Then, when this month's challenge was announced, I looked through my stamps and came across the Winnie the Pooh set that I'd bought from a charity shop, which included this stamp of Pooh tenderly planting a flower, which I thought would be a great subject for the little girl to be looking at over the fence.  I added to the scene with plantpots from Lindsay Mason (Personal Impressions) and flowers from Clarity Stamp.  I made the mistake of stamping my sentiment (from Inkylicious) before I added the Clarity cherry blossom, so one of the branches is overhanging the words a little too far, but I hope it's still legible.

To begin with, I left my scene like that, but it needed something to the left of the plantpots - and then, this weekend, I bought a Papercraft Inspirations magazine that had a set of freebie stamps - including this
second little girl, who was ideal to go into that empty space.  I had to stamp her onto a separate piece of paper and cut her out to stick over the original scene, so that she could stand in front of the flower-pots.





(*  PS: I absolutely love that cobbles stamp from Art Impressions - and it was through the Craft a Scene challenges that I discovered it!  I saw it used by one of your Design Team, Brenda, way back in July 2012, and I just had to have it!)






Well, that's all for today.  Happy stamping!
NancyD

2 comments:

rachel said...

two beautiful email entries - fabulous xx

Louisette said...

Lovely posts,greeting from Belgium